- Public Health Notice on Measles Outbreaks:
- Canada Communicable Disease Report:
Whooping Cough in Canada
In 2002, Canada saw outbreaks of whooping cough in B.C., Alberta, Ontario, and N.B.
- In 2002, there were over 2000 cases of whooping cough in B.C. and one infant died of the disease.
- In 2012, an outbreak of measles in Quebec resulted in 776 confirmed cases.
- California saw 9,154 cases of pertussis in 2010 and 2,937 cases in 2011. Several children died in these outbreaks.
- In 1994, there were 5,000 deaths due to diphtheria in Russia after the organized immunization system was suspended.